It is situated in the town.
The nave, which was built in 1871, was totally destroyed in 1944 because
of the gunfire. It survived only the
chapel to the left, which is the oldest part of the church. Its structures are typical of a
In the church is preserved an antique wooden statue,
polychrome, representing the Virgin holding the Child on her lap; it is a well
composed picture, with the Virgin dignified and expressive. The Gothic characteristics of the sculpture
let it believe it was made in the XIII century.
Translated by Mauro
Rotondi & Beverley Wheatley
Back to churches index
pages : Home, History,
Photo Gallery, Territory,
Comments, Links, Bibliography,
with Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
© 1999 - 2014 by Fabio Marzi